On Domino Day, we topple an ever-increasing number of dominoes in a
beautiful setting to aim for a new world record. Specially for the 11th edition we've restyled the show and created a design in 7 flows. Like every year it contains new concepts and techniques. To make it all work we need a lot of people and resources. How big is it actually?
Domino Day 2009:
* 4.800.000 dominoes in total
* 90 domino builders from 14 countries throughout Europe
* 12 coaches guide the process
* Almost a year of preparation and 8 weeks of continuous domino building
* 9.500 square meters of building space
* 1.555.500 dominoes are painted on one side for colour changing.
* 522.527 dominoes have photo sticker attached for image appearances
* 300 varieties in domino colour combinations
* 442 mechanisms in 121 different techniques
* More than 5.700 m2 floor paint
* More than 100 decor pieces
The domino builders of 2009 were from:
Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Greece, Germany, The Netherlands, Bulgaria, Croatia, Switzerland.
Domino Day is produced in co-operation with and by order of Endemol Nederland b.v., RTL Germany, and SBS6 Television.